COVID-19 ready ticketing from FIXR
The events industry is going through an incredibly challenging time and, now more than ever, we need to work together in order to ensure we can all get back to enjoying events as quickly and as safely as possible.
Since the pandemic struck, our teams have been working hard on developing new features and functionalities across the platform, which will help event organisers of all types to better manage COVID-secure events.
In this blog we’ll be outlining some key COVID-ready functionality across our ticketing products and services. As well as providing recommendations for useful resources that will help you in getting back to running events.
Sell for socially distanced events
- Sell separate ticket types for specific areas of your venue.
- Use our Entry Manager app to select which ticket types can be scanned by a particular device in specific areas, allowing you to closely manage attendee entry and event capacity. Learn more about the FIXR Entry Manager app here
Table Bookings & Reserved Spaces for Seated Events
- Event organisers and venue owners including, High Rise, Ldn 7’s and Blue Mountain Club, have been managing capacity through seated table bookings and reserved spaces.
- They’ve been using FIXR to sell separate ticket types for different table sizes and seating areas, allowing them to continue to power their events for standout success.
Reduce ‘on the door’ ticketing
- Maximise last minute ticket sales without needing a physical box office at your venue. Stay on sale online until your event start time, selling digital tickets that can be scanned at distance through the Entry Manager app.
Manage event capacity and audience flow with Timed Entry ticketing
- For large scale events, maintaining social distancing during ingress is a major challenge. Help maintain social distancing by staggering the number of people arriving at your venue at any one time. Create Timed Entry tickets in Ticket Types on the Entry Manager app, redeemable only during their valid time slots.
- This can also be used to limit the number of visitors in your venue at any one time by selling slot-specific tickets, particularly relevant for exhibitions and venues where visitor flow is especially important.
Support social bubbles
- Our Ticket Transfers feature allows customers to purchase group tickets for their social bubbles and transfer them out to group members.
- This way you can capture all attendee information as well as admission times in our Entry Manager app. Helping you to support Track and Trace services and improve entry efficiency.
Take physical events online
- We've seen the likes of Belazu, Kilogarm and Yellow Elephant respond to event space regulations through innovative online events. They've been using FIXR to tap into global audiences and grow their communities. With our online event integration feature, you can connect any live streaming service to your event. Find out more in our step-by-step guide to creating online events.
Every event is different and each business owner, venue and event creator needs to consider and address risks based on the unique characteristics of their event.
Tips for staying up to date
It can be difficult to know where to find the latest and most up to date information on the coronavirus as well as changes that are happening globally and within the events industry that could impact your event.
In addition to your local public health officials and local authorities, we recommend checking out the following resources to help you in running COVID-secure events:
- UK government guidance for people who work in performing arts, including venue operators and participants
- Night Time Industries Association (NTIA)
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Health Service (NHS)
If you’d like to discuss ticketing solutions for your upcoming events, please reach out to your account manager, email our friendly sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply use the live chat on our website
Guidance surrounding COVID-19 is changing regularly, and as we continue to develop our products and services we will be releasing a series of newsletter updates to keep our clients and partners up to date. Update your Preferences in Settings to ensure you're on our mailing list